How to protect your Mac from Fileless malware
What is Fileless Malware?
It is the type of malware that does not reside on the hard drive. It does not store any files in the secondary memory. It is usually attached to a native Windows program so that it cannot be easily detected.
They usually attack Windows tools, which makes detection difficult. And once they attack the Windows program they can get root access, which makes them more dangerous.
This malware exploits vulnerabilities in the operating system and other programs to attack. Once they enter a legitimate program, they start attacking the system.
Fileless malware is very difficult to detect since it is available in memory and uses a legitimate program to execute commands on its behalf.
However, you can self-analyze your system to detect what is wrong with your system.
- You can check the activity of your network. If you see that something is wrong, it means that your system is infected.
- You will notice unusual activity in the system.
- Unknown software will be installed on your system.
- Take the use of dedicated antimalware software, whose job is only to find and malware.
How to prevent it?
- Always keep your operating system and the rest of the software updated. Companies regularly publish different patches; These are for the vulnerabilities that remain in the software. You can apply these patches by downloading updates.
- Download and install a good antimalware and antivirus program on your system. Not only will it protect your system, but it will also eliminate any existing infection in your system.
- Keep your anti-malware and antivirus program updated. For the antimalware and antivirus program to work effectively, you need to constantly update your database. The database contains definitions of viruses and malware that will help detect them.
- Do not download or install any software from untrustworthy websites, usually, this software is not legitimate and contains malware and viruses.
- Do not open attachments received with an unknown email.